XR4CI Seated Elliptical Cross-Trainer
The XR4’s advantage of higher calorie burn results from what Octane calls an “active seat.” In other words, the XR4 elliptical seat positions your body for greater muscle recruitment as you ride. The most noticeable difference is in glute activity, which more than triples. Also compared with other recumbent trainers, the XR4 may let you extend your legs further and move your torso more freely.
The Octane Fitness xRide xR4ci Seated Elliptical offers the full-body, impact-free workout you’d find in a traditional elliptical with the seated position and support of a recumbent bike. Well-synchronized handlebars assure your upper body shares in this fun, effective exercise as you enjoy the cushioned, height-adjustable seat with its tilt-adjustable, contoured back and the 20 levels of smooth, magnetic resistance. A full-featured LED console challenges you with 4 heart-rate control programs, intervals, goal-based workouts and on-the-fly Workout Boosters, and incorporates a wireless heart-rate system and digital heart-rate sensors on the stationary handles to help you maintain the proper workout intensity. Plus, there are transport wheels that allow you to roll the compact xR4ci out of the way between workouts.
- Recumbent seating is easy on the back and relieves pressure from over the knees, letting you train more comfortably than with a standing elliptical
- Promotes greater muscle engagement and higher calorie burn compared with other recumbent trainers
- Supports cardio and strength training for beginners through advanced trainees
- Provides six standard training programs to combine with three Workout Boosters
- Lets you exercise the upper body and lower body separately or together
- Has 20 resistance settings to support varied workout intensities
- Fits a wide range of body sizes with its adjustable seating; choose from 15 height settings and five angle settings
- Can monitor heart rate via sensors built into stationary handlebars
- Has an integrated water bottle holder for convenient hydration
- Has a safety mode to protect curious children
- Is compact (just 53” long and 35” wide) to help you optimize your living space
- Holds up to 300 pounds
Our original AirBike, built from the ground up to bring on the burn.
|Upper Body Bars||Moving, stationary|
|Data/Metrics||Calories, calories/hour, distance, heart rate, max heart-rate percent, resistance level, speed (RPM), target heart rate, time, time in heart-rate zone, workout profile|
|Heart-Rate Monitoring||Polar telemetry, digital contact (stationary handlebars)|
|Workload Range||20 resistance levels|
|Machine Dimensions (inches)||54 L x 35 W x 51 H|
|Max User Weight (pounds)||300|
|Power Source||Home AC outlet|
|Other||5-angle contour seat back, 15-height seat, bottle holders, reading rack|